Find Your Adventure in the Greater Dayton, Ohio Region!
Dayton is home to the nation’s largest paved trail network, 3 State Designated Water Trails, Ohio’s only Nationally Designated Water Trail along with award winning mountain biking, hiking, and events.
Events like the Wagner Subaru Outdoor Experience, The Adventure Summit, Bike to Work Day Pancake Breakfast, and the US Air Force Marathon will help you connect with the community and resources that make Dayton, Ohio The Outdoor Adventure Capital of the Midwest!
If your looking for “It”, you can “Find It Here“! The Dayton region strives to build outdoor culture by connecting people to great outdoor events, programs and places to play that come together to make Dayton, Ohio a stronger, more vibrant place to live located along the Great Miami Riverway! We invite you to grab a bike from Link: Dayton Bike Share and cruise around our Bicycle Friendly Community, Trail Town, and Outside Magazine’s Best Rebirth of the American Dream (July 2017) and Best Towns Honorable Mention (2015)!
The community clubs, retailers, and groups below are committed to helping Miami Valley residents “Get Out & Live!” an active lifestyle. Gain confidence by taking a program or connecting with fellow club members to build your skills so you can explore the world around you in new and active ways.
Where is the Greater Dayton, Ohio Region?
The Greater Dayton, Ohio Region is situated in Southwest Ohio among many rivers and valleys of which our past leaders took great initiative to protect, and great foresight to build public access via trails; their legacy continues today.
Outdoordayton.com is a collection of the outdoor recreation scene that sits within roughly 45 minutes of downtown Dayton.
– More than 300 miles of natural surface hiking trails
– North Country National Scenic Trail
– Buckeye Trail, Ohio’s Millennium Legacy Trail
– Bicycle Friendly Community
– Nation’s Largest Paved Trail Network (more than 340 miles)
– Variety of mountain biking opportunities from beginner to expert
– Rails-to-Trails Conservancy Office
– Five Rivers MetroParks-A Bicycle Friendly Business
– Home to the RiverScape MetroPark Commuter Bike Hub
– Home to Link: Dayton Bike Share
– Home to the Underground Railroad Bicycle Route and the Great Miami Riverway Alternate
– Home to the Chicago to New York City Bicycle Route
– US Bicycle Route 50
– 400 miles of Blueways and Water Trails including the Little Miami National Scenic River
– 3 State Designated Water Trails and Ohio’s only Nationally Designated Water Trail
– RiverScape River Run
– Mad River Run